Amores Perros...... Has anyone seen it?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Amores Perros...... Has anyone seen it?

Postby im2good4u33 » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:11 pm

Yeah the soundtrack for Amores Perros is excelent. I bought it too cause it was impressive. I especially loved the songs inspired by the movie. They feature some of not only Mexico's but the rest of Latin America's best artists like Ely Guerra, Cafe Tacuva, Bersuit Bergarat, Julieta Venegas, and even Celia Cruz!
If you liked that soundtrack, I also recommend the soundtrack for Sex, Shame, & Tears (Sexo, Pudor, y Lagrimas). The title song by Aleks Syntek....very good!
im2good4u33

Postby ianna_2000 » Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:09 am

thanks,i will definitely look it up.i haven't seen that film yet,though...but everyone is saying it is great!any idea where i could find it in the u.s.?
ianna_2000

Postby mackybaca » Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:54 am

It was shown here in Manila in one of our "artfilm" theaters. Definitely worth my 100 pesos (around $2 dollars, yap and its already expensive here....100 pesos = the more saucy theaters). Makes me wanna watch "Y Tu Mama Tambien". El es un cine mexicano tambien, si?
mackybaca

Postby carrillod » Fri May 10, 2002 10:33 pm

Loved it. Great characters, excellent actors and storylinE. Never a dull moment in this one
carrillod

Postby carrill7 » Fri May 17, 2002 1:33 am

Great movie dispite the dog scenes.
carrill7

Postby trespalmas » Fri May 17, 2002 9:30 pm

Regarding the dog scenes, the director said (in a radio interview) that (incredibly) no animals were hurt nor did they actually fight. He said all the scenes were made with the dogs playing- must have been the sound effects!
trespalmas

Previous

Return to Film Talk