French Film?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

French Film?

Postby pekak62 » Mon Apr 23, 2001 10:58 pm

I am looking for the name of what I think is a French film possibly from the lates 70's early 80's.

The film is about a sickly young boy who is sentto a health farm/spa to recover with his mother. The son develops a close relationship with his mother and slowly gets better.

Both look forward till when the father will come to pick them up from the spa. The night before this is to happen, mother and son go to a restaurant. the mother gets a little bit tipsy and ends up in bed with the son.

The next day, father picks them up and life goes on.

My recollection is very sketchy.

I do not think this film is "La Luna" which is Italian and which stars Jill Clayburgh. "La Luna" was about the sons heroin addiction and how the mother "saved" her son.

Hope someone can help.
pekak62

Re: French Film?

Postby mafonsobraga » Sun Oct 14, 2001 2:21 pm

the film is "Le soufle au couer" (cardiac murmur), it's from the 60's and is realy a wonderful film. I can get more information about it if you need.
mafonsobraga

Postby vvasquez » Fri Oct 19, 2001 1:46 pm

I think the translation title was "Murmur of the heart", by Louie Malle.
vvasquez

Postby john-5 » Mon Dec 31, 2001 5:48 am

Yes, it is Le Souffle au Coeur/Murmur of the Heart (Louis Malle),1971, and the film by him which i enjoyed the most-playful,tender and the incestuous element is dealt with in an understated natural way.I'd certainly recommend it.Malle's Au Revoir les Enfants is also well worth seeing.
john-5

Return to Film Talk