Intimate Strangers

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Intimate Strangers

Postby Sara » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:47 pm

Have you all seen this? Sandrine Bonnaire is so good in it as is the man who is the tax attorney. I did laugh sometimes, but it was all so good, funny, serious...

I have also just seen Sandrine Bonnaire in Vagabond. She made this about 20 years before Intimate Strangers. I found her and the film very compelling.

Also I saw her in The Color of Lies, and in the Ceremony and in East/West.

So maybe I should have titled this message "Sandrine Bonnaire."

Anyway, what do you think about her and about "Intimate Strangers?"

Sara
Sara

Re: Intimate Strangers

Postby trevor826 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:22 am

I watched it a while ago and have it on video, I'll comment on this and Merci pour le Chocolat once I've had the opportunity to re-watch them.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby arsaib4 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:21 am

Sandrine Bonnaire can make almost anything worth your while. I thought that the initial set-up was a bit far-fetched and the ending was more Hollywood than anything else, but Bonnaire's smile during those conversations was infectious.
arsaib4

Postby Unregistered(d) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:09 pm

A Wonderful Film I Purchased Mademoiselle (Miss ) i purchased in 2001 in Calais Sums Her Up A Lovely Film and not that much happens ,she just looks and is Superb,Secret Defense is Her at Her Acting Best She is a very private person Comme an Isabelle Huppert but when she comes out of the Cupboard to work,it is well worth waiting For ,like Intimate Strangers ,Like most Foreign Films,the Beauty is that you never really know what is going to Happen but it is mostly nice and pleasant suprises,Nice Indeed I Think It is
Unregistered(d)

Return to Film Talk