Der Tunnel (2001) (Germany)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Der Tunnel (2001) (Germany)

Postby hengcs » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:15 am

Director: Roland Suso Richter
Cast: Heino Ferch, Nicolette Krebitz, Sebastian Koch, Alexandra Maria Lara, Claudia Michelsen, Felix Eitner, Mehmet Kurtulus

The offiicial website is here ...
www.homevision.com/users/...derID=2829

ok, I will write the review soon ...
but meanwhile I highly recommend this film!
hengcs

Re: Der Tunnel (2001) (Germany)

Postby hengcs » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:18 pm

Hi A,
Have you watched it before?

Hmmm ...
I wonder what are the 20-30 minutes that have been edited out from the original TV version ...
hengcs

Re: Der Tunnel (2001) (Germany)

Postby A » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Haven't seen the film, and I'm sorry to say that I'm not interested in doing so. I don't appreciate the director too much, and though I've only seen one of his films as a whole, he seems too commercial for me.
I was once in a filmseminar at filmschool, where the students and I talked to him in personal for some hours, while he was presenting his films, talking about his work, and his approach, and while I must say, that he's a very nice guy, he surely lacks as a director. What he is definitely good at is working with actors, and that's also his main concern during a film. I've seen some very impressive acting in some of his films, but for me that isn't enough. Film isn't about acting.
But maybe you'll convince me hengcs, or I'll watch it to please you, and we can talk about it.
If you really like it, I can look out for a complete copy (though it will be hard finding english subs).
A

Return to Film Talk