A Moment To Remember (2004) (Korea)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

A Moment To Remember (2004) (Korea)

Postby hengcs » Tue May 17, 2005 7:41 pm

hee hee ... given that I am an Asian, I have to admit it is a very Asian melodrama ... (be it Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc)
If you like Asian TV melodrama, you will like the movie ...

Well, it starts off with the typical comedy/humor in courtship ... and it ends with the typical tear jerking romance ...

So, what makes it good?
-- I guess the cast helps to make it believable, and the movie does not waste too much time on any event or episode ... which may drag the plot down ...
-- While the story is not exactly original or novel (at least in Asia), it does have some cryptic/philosophical lines ...
e.g., To forget easily is a gift ...
e.g., I met you when I was forgetful, and I left you when I became forgetful ...
e.g., Forgiveness is about giving your hate just a little room in your heart ...
-- I also like the line/question in the last scene ...
* no spoiler *
e.g., Is this ******?

What may be weak?
-- Since the last half of the movie is grounded on an important event ... the audience have to buy what happens ... that it is indeed plausible albeit uncommon ... if you refuse to believe what happens ... then everything is kind of ridiculous ...
-- Also, due to editing (as opposed to the director's cut), the audience may find a few events not convincing nor well explained ...

Conclusion:
In essence, it is just a simple story that is well told ...
If you like Asian TV melodrama, you will like the movie ...
hengcs

Return to Film Talk