Spiderman 3 (2007)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Spiderman 3 (2007)

Postby hengcs » Tue May 01, 2007 10:18 am

Conclusion:
Well ... It has its good moments,
but frankly, I think Spiderman 1 & 2 are much better ...
hengcs

Re: Spiderman 3 (2007)

Postby trevor826 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:38 am

Will you be posting a more incisive review hengcs?

For better or worse, I'll be there in the queue come friday morning, a promise is a promise and the worst thing I could do is upset my wife on her birthday. I'd never hear the end of it!

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby hengcs » Fri May 04, 2007 2:42 am

initially i wanted to ...
but on hindsight, i think i cant afford the time ...
and i think u pple can write much better than i do on this film ... ha ha ha

i think i would rather provide a review on other FOREIGN films that u pple may be more keen on ... HA HA HA
;PPP
hengcs

Postby arsaib4 » Fri May 04, 2007 3:58 am

Very funny, hengcs.
arsaib4

Postby trevor826 » Fri May 04, 2007 4:35 pm

Despite having far too much jammed into too little space, along with villains mixed from different eras of spidey's history, Sam Raimi et all have managed to churn out another entertaining episode in the Spider-man franchise.

Strange though that the most entertaining parts have nothing to do with the super heroics:

Great fun with Bruce Campbell out Cleese-ing Basil Fawlty with a bad French accent in an expensive restaurant.

Tobey Maguire trying to look and act cool and bad, especially in the Jazz Cafe, f*%@ing hilarious............ .

I guess that since this may be the last Spider-man film with the current cast and crew, they tried to cram in as much as possible, the film is cheesy, hokey as heck and in my opinion an improvement over the rather tawdry second installment.

Cheers Trev
trevor826

Postby wpqx » Mon May 14, 2007 10:26 pm

I liked how they made Spider Man a much bigger smart ass, as he was almost instantly in the comics. Perhaps the film could have been better without the Sandman subplot, but I certainly found it an enjoyable film.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:17 am

Having only seen parts of the first installment on television, I didn't quite know what to expect from Spider-Man 3, but much like Trevor, wpqx and, to a lesser degree, hengcs I was fairly entertained by the film. Pleasantly surprised that the filmmakers didn't go bonkers with special-effects; enough time was spent with the characters and the personal turmoil they endured at various stages. Also glad to see that the supporting roles were occupied by interesting actors like Bryce Howard, Thomas Haden Church, Topher Grace, etc., and not just generic "teen idols" as is so often the case with summer blockbusters. Not impressed with the embarassing sequence which attempted to mar Spider-Man's squeaky-clean profile (an interesting concept on its own). Perhaps it was meant to be strictly humorous. Dunst looked bored not only with her character but with the whole franchise.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:41 am

Her character just had emotional issues through the film which were being blatantly ignored by Peter, but perceptively picked up on by Harry. True though her character has seemed like dead weight, she certainly was in the first film with that picture's horrible dialog. I could've done without Howard in this film, but she served some purpose and wasn't particularly bad, I just think for a temptation of Peter they could have found someone a little more appealing.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:36 am

Spider-Man 3 is now available on DVD in the U.S. (Sony). The 2-disc edition especially contains a wide variety of extra features.
arsaib4

Return to Film Talk