Are you living your dream or just living?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Are you living your dream or just living?

Postby netmankt » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:28 am

I saw a private screening of this movie and thought it was magnificent. This is independent film that is quickly gaining lots of national and international attention. The story line, musical score, acting, inspirational, dramatic, and comical elements were all excellent. This is a very inspirational movie for anyone who wants to see an uplifting movie showing its possible to start a new life no matter what age/situation you are in. It is also one of the very first ever films shot in high definition DIVX format displaying the high quality resolution of this technique of the future. I highly recommend this movie for all to see. I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have. Thank you
More info can be found at: www.imdb.com/title/tt0449393/
Or www.sirenthemovie.com
Michele Fiore-Kaime - Homemaker becomes star
Will you hold on to your dreams or keep your dreams on hold?
Who says reality cant be your dreams?
netmankt

Re: Are you living your dream or just living?

Postby trevor826 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:48 am

I highly recommend this movie for all to see. I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Well since you obviously got a lot out of it, how about a review?

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby netmankt » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:40 am

This is a genuinely very good uplifting movie that will leave you feeling good and inspired. Michele Fiore-Kaime nailed it on her first try at writing and starring in this story of a 35 year old woman that finds her life without meaning after her daughter leaves for college. She pursues her dream she put on hold for 20 years. The comic elements, drama, and good music all make for a very entertaining film. The best way to describe it is Rocky meets Field of Dreams. This film was entered into the 2006 Sundance Film Festival and from my opinion it will be another winner! To top it off it was filmed in high definition DIVX!
netmankt

Postby netmankt » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:30 am

More than 450 films are created every year. Less than 100 make it to the big screen and more than 250 make it television and DVD. Every once in a while a film is made that doesnt make it to the big screen but warrants merit to be big screen material. Siren is one such film that depicts ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Independent films are the raw material of acting and film making. It is like the Toyota and big screen films are the Mercedes Benz; Overpriced, all show, and a gamble at desired results. Siren takes lots of different and quality elements and blends them into a well produced film with very good casting and storyline.

I liked Narnia and King Kong but I also liked Motorcycle Diaries and Leaving Las Vegas (both the later being independent films). By supporting indie films we promote up and coming stars and push out the old. Its evolution with the support of the public.
netmankt

Postby netmankt » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:54 am

Much of the movies we see are made by big budget companies that steer the entertainment business world with their films that are marketed on the television, newspapers, and internet. Independent films are made with low budgets and pure acting ability. Big money movies dont depend on acting ability due to their pyrotechnics and special effects that mask the requirement for a truly good film. Its bad enough that movie theaters are in their 3rd year of consecutive declining attendance. Most movie goers complain of uncomfortable seats, distractions of other patrons, and expensive tickets and refreshments. Independent films are usually where actors/actresses get their start and are usually better in content. The independent movie Siren was made with the intent of presenting the public with truly good film attributes and acting ability. I truly wish that more movies like it will be made for us to see. I really liked the way the storyline with comic and dramatic elements brought this great film together.
netmankt

Return to Film Talk