Fantastic Four (2005)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Fantastic Four (2005)

Postby hengcs » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:18 pm

It is just an average movie
-- The best lines really belong to The Human Torch (i.e., Chris Evans) ... ha ha ha ...
oh yes, he stole the show literally.

-- The movie attempts to contrast the agony/confusion with the coolness/fun of having super powers ... unfortunately, it does not touch one as much as the director desires ... neither does it come across as comical as the script seeks to be ....
-- Overall, the pace does not really pick up ...

Conclusion:
Watch only if you want to kill some time ... or is a fan of Chris Evans ...
hengcs

Re: Fantastic Four (2005)

Postby wpqx » Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:40 am

Looks like complete and utter crap, so unless I'm forcibly dragged to it, most likely I won't watch it.
wpqx

Postby nate » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:17 am

nicest thing about watching this movie is that my ticket was free. heheheh

this movie is not that much fun to watched, there are moments that are dull, jokes that are delivered bland and a conflict that is not worth mentioning.
nate

Postby trevor826 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:20 am

Do you think the film will please the fans of the comics?

Both Spiderman, Batman and the X-Men managed to appease both the fans and the general cinema audience, others have been hit and miss. The Fantastic Four to me were always a 70's act and well below the favourites and from the trailers I've seen and your comments the film looks a lot less than impressive yet I know it'll be in every multiplex while good (small) films will be ignored. Another cash cow I guess or maybe it'll be another Daredevil!

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:01 pm

No Sir, you're not allowed to mention the Devil.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:08 pm

What upsets me about FF and other pieces of @#%$ like it is that it takes the place of more interesting films in theaters. Last Thursday I attempted to see Rize but the theater had a power outage, that's what I get for going to the cheapest theater in the county. Anyways we got passes to come back, and come back we did. Only problem was that Friday brought new movies to the screen (among them FF) and now Rize was not showing. Oddly enough Rize seems to have dropped off of every other screen in the Chicagoland area, just when the film seemed to be generating some positive buzz. So I can see a piece of crap like FF, Rebound (which was playing on at least two screens at this theater), or Bewitched, but have to drive an hour to see March of the Penguins, and drive to another state to see Rize. @#%$ Hollywood.
wpqx

Postby kookook » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:45 am

I'm not holding any hope for this film, it's just hollywood running a good thing into the ground
kookook

Postby kookook » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:13 pm

kookook

Return to Film Talk