Aimée and Jaguar

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Aimée and Jaguar

Postby xorzist » Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:53 pm

so, watched Aimée and Jaguar this weekend (Max Färberböck, 1999, germany, more info on zeitgeist films site). watched it in the theatre.. twice... amazingly powerful, the story is nice, first film from germany i saw that does not moralize about the war, does not try to redeem/condemn it, and yet shows it as a part of everyday live in berlin, without any masquerade. and, it's the first actual "love story" i saw in "gay" movies - no sickening manifesation and figting for the rights, none of this crap - just a beautiful breathtaking story... damn, i was under its spell for a few days in a row.. highly recommended....

Re: Aimée and Jaguar

Postby jeff-1 » Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:45 pm

Raw Films is casting for an all new show that will be broadcast worldwide entitled "The Revengers". You can find the contents at It is a cross between Charlies Angels and Revenge of the Nerds. You can vote for who you think is the best one at this website. Submit any inquiries to

Postby vvasquez » Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:14 pm

What crap? Forgive the world for moralizing about Nazis? Yes, industrialized genocide in the 20th century, how dull.

I thought the character of the Nazi wife showed quite a bit of contempt for her. She was one of the stupidest characters on film I've ever seen. Her blankness combined with her violence and hypersexuality were an astute comment that left little need for direct "moralizing".

It's also very interesting how a Jewish young woman in deadly danger would choose her for a lover, and end up dying, of course.

Postby AragonDon05 » Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:36 am

Aimee and Jaguar is deffinetly a well done and powerful film. I was very interested in it as well. If you like it, and you have a DVD player, you can rent it on DVD becuase they have interviews and behind the scenses things. Maria Schrader is also an excellent actress and I think she deserves a lot more attention.

Return to Film Talk