Eclipse

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Eclipse

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:47 am

Let's hope that turns out to be case.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:53 am

In the case of Eclipse I think the emphasis is more on just getting the films out.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:58 am

Series 2 will contain a few Louis Malle documentaries. It's possible that they will be the same ones included in the French set released in late 2005: Vive le tour, Humain, trop humain, Place de la Rpublique, Le pays de Dieu and A la poursuite du bonheur.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:55 am

I saw a moderate listing of those films, but the only Malle film I'm desperately wanting to see released is The Silent World, co-directed by Jacques Cousteau
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:22 am

The 6-Disc Set titled The Documentaries of Louis Malle will include Vive le tour, Humain, trop humain, Place de la Rpublique, Phantom India, Calcutta, God's Country and ...And the Pursuit of Happiness.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 pm

This set deeply upsets me. For more years than I'd like to count I've been dying to see Malle's Silent World, and hearing that his documentaries were going to be released, I felt convinced that this would be among them, but alas no such luck, so I can curse myself even harder for missing it the one time it showed during a Malle retro two years ago.
wpqx

Postby A » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:28 pm

I think it probably isn't considered as much a Malle film. After all he was "only" an assistant to Jacques-Yves Cousteau.
Maybe on a Cousteau set, though god knows how long we will have to wait for this...
A

Postby wpqx » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:05 pm

I even saw a Cousteau set, and this wasn't on it.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:17 am

Series 3: Late Ozu

Early Spring / Tokyo Twilight / Equinox Flower / Late Autumn / The End of Summer
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:23 am

Nice, as he has a vast amount of unreleased films. I wonder why An Autumn Afternoon isn't included in the set, considering it was his last film. Makes me hope that perhaps a more "bells and whistles" release is in store.
wpqx

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk