Eclipse

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Eclipse

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 am

Autumn Afternoon is part of Tartan U.K.'s Ozu Volume Four, now available. It is rumored to receive a proper Criterion treatment in the near future.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:35 am

Sounds good, hopefully I'll be able to check out that import.
wpqx

Postby A » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:05 pm

It's good news, but most of these films are already available on DVD. I would have been more pleased by "Early Ozu", 20s and 30s. Or the little talked about films from the 40s.
But any Ozu is good Ozu.
I'm crossing my fingers for this rumored extra treatment of Ozu's last film. SO far it's my favorite of his.
A

Postby wpqx » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:16 pm

I haven't seen it yet, but many of the late Ozu films are un-avaliable here, at least officially, so I'm pleased with the announcement.
wpqx

Postby justindeimen » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Hopefully will get the Bergman Eclipse set this week. The last package wasn't the one I ordered so I had to get a recall.

Truth be told, I'm waiting for Malle's documentaries more than Bergman's earlier films which have been sketchy to say the least.
justindeimen

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:10 am

Series 4: Raymond Bernard

Wooden Crosses / Les Misrables
arsaib4

Postby A » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:34 am

Haven't seen anything before, so this sounds good to me.
There has been some discussion about it on criterionforum.org
Have you seen anything by Bernard arsaib?
A

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:58 am

Nope, nothing yet. His Hugo adaptation is considered as one of the very best, so I'm definitely interested.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 am

I'm in the same boat, was Ozu the 3rd installment, because I still thought Malle's films were the latest announcment?
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:54 am

The Bergman and Malle sets are currently available. Yeah, Ozu was third; the set comes out June 12th. Bernard's is scheduled for July 17th.
arsaib4

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk