Sky Of Love (Japan) (2007)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Sky Of Love (Japan) (2007)

Postby hengcs » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:43 am

Director: Natsuki Imai
Cast:Yui Aragaki, Haruma Miura

Well, the caption on the poster caught my attention "Based on a cell phone novel that moved 11 million to tears". Knowing that the film is a box office hit in Japan, how can I not watch it?

My thoughts

- Well, I couldnt possibly say everything I want without going into some MAJOR SPOILERS ... so feel free to skip the entire section if you are not keen on spoilers ...

Like a typical Japanese film/story about teenagers in love, you kind of predicted what will happen ... the girl and the guy crossed path, but the girl did not exactly like him initially, and the guy persevered and managed to steal her heart ... just when you thought everything would go smooth sailing, something horrible would happen ... and at the end, you kind of guessed what would happen ... yup, like most recent Japanese and Korean drama, someone would die ... and die of what?! what else but a terminal illness ... sigh ...

But hey, PAUSE for a while before you start dismissing the film as not worthy of a watch ... although the story might be a bit cliche, it does boast of a few merits ... there are a few scenes that would still touch you ... there are a few scenes that would still make you smile ... and if you were to watch with your lady partner, they would be touched ...

Now back to the plot ... typical of me, I like to know how others felt about the film (I would not surf the net prior to watching becos most reviews give the story away and spoil my fun) ... after watching the film, I start surfing the net to read more about it ... guess what, I become more forgiving of this plot "cliche" ... why?! it seems to be based on a real story ... and it seems like the story was a dedication by the author to her love who really did die ... sob sob ... i become more forgiving of this plot cliche, after all, it is based on a cell phone novel which is based on the author's real story ...

Conclusion
I wasnt bored. Can watch, esp. with a female partner ...
hengcs

Return to Film Talk