Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN (And Your Mother Too)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN (And Your Mother Too)

Postby im2good4u33 » Mon Dec 24, 2001 11:36 pm

I have heard so much about this movie from Mexico. It won in the coveted prize for Best Screenplay and Best Young Actor/Actress at the 58th Venice Intl. Film Festival. I believe its coming out here in the U.S. here until Feb of 2002. Does anyone know about this.
im2good4u33

Re: Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN (And Your Mother Too)

Postby rvargasp » Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:10 pm

Yes it is a very gooood movie.
Any way it was not voted as the best mexican film for 2001 but Perfume the Violetas was. The later is the one that will compete for the Oscar nominations (not yet for the Oscar itslef).
I liked your choice better.

rvargasp

Postby im2good4u33 » Sat Jan 12, 2002 6:07 pm

I'm glad that Mexican movies are getting to be known better now. It seems like though Amores Perros opened the door for many more films.
im2good4u33

Postby ygie » Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:48 am

This movie is fresh,exciting,nostalgic and totally worth watching. What are you waiting for, it's out on video.
I love the music too.
ygie

Postby javajunkie75 » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:14 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie. I look forward to sharing my input with you all. I loved this movie. As raw as it was, it had a certain charm to it. I recommend this highly.

Ciao.

java
javajunkie75

Postby admin-2 » Thu Oct 31, 2002 3:33 pm

Truly a lovely film. Best depiction of (clumsy) teenaged sexuality I have ever seen. When the inevitable happens (no, I'm not going to spoil it), it is sweet and tender. The director and his actors are a class act!
admin-2

Postby kmcalma » Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:26 am

I have mixed emotions with this film. I think I enjoyed it while I watched it, but upon reflection I wasnt too crazy about it. If your curious about it as I was check it out.
kmcalma

Postby gimferrer » Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:09 pm

This film is absolutely increbible....At first I though 'My God!! another teen movie@ wait 15 minutes and this film becomes a true joy, it's funny, it's deep, it' rude, it's interesting, provocative and like anyother thing you have seen this year in subtitles!

Gael garcia Bernal, Marvel verdu and co. are all spot on!

If you get the DVD, try the UK version maybe the R1 has it too, it has a book, it has a short and the making Of it's one of the funnies DVD I have seen in my lfe, I think they were really drunk cos it's absolutely incredible, it's soooo off the wall, I was laughing on my own my head off while lostening those guys comenting the film!

A great great great great film I can't stress how much I loved it!
gimferrer

Postby ygie » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:10 pm

Go to www.ytumamatambien.com
You can hear music from the soundtrack and there's even a glossary! It is soooo awesome!!!!
ygie

Postby gimferrer » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:49 pm

Oh I love the music, all the tracks are exellent, from Zappa to all the mexian rap to tarditional tex mex with Flaco Jimenez to Eye Cherry...

Oh yes....luvely

I am off to visit the site

Cheers XXX
gimferrer

Next

Return to Film Talk