Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN (And Your Mother Too)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN (And Your Mother Too)

Postby chris » Thu Nov 07, 2002 12:34 am

Just saw this last night and was quite impressed.Superb and subtle soundtrack and final scene was just devestating.
chris

Postby john-5 » Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:50 pm

Gimferrer, you're a bundle of joy.

By the way, Y Tu Mama Tambien is the next film to be shown by our local film society, at the cinema in Brecon, Wales (yes, i know most of you live a long way away; but anyone who happens to be in striking distance is very welcome. To North American and other overseas friends; i'm sure Gimferrer would say it's even worth flying across the pond for!) 7.30 pm Monday 18th November. I'm our official publicist, so excuse my shameless advertising.
john-5

Postby gimferrer » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:10 pm

I would fly to the other side of the world to see this film, you know that :-)
gimferrer

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:04 pm

all the hype and it`s a pile of shit in the end,The Storyline was rubbish,if the two girls at the start hadn`t got there kits off,then it would have been as highly rated as a Hollywood BoreBuster.Mexican films other than water for Choccy are poor mans Spanish films.How the Brit Academy gave that Amores Perros film best Foreign over Amelie (Beggers Belief ) Pure Drivel.
HASSELBAINK007

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:47 pm

The movie is really 3 films in one: A Mexican road movie, a love (make that sex) story, and a commentary about the life and society of modern Mexico (Cuaron uses voiceover obviously influenced by Truffaut). This film is on more than 100 critics' Top Ten lists, all the major film critics. It's a masterpiece and was the highest grossing film in Mexico ever until "El Crimen De Padre Amaro" beat it. At first viewing, I thought it was just a movie about sex and talking about sex, like a Mexican Kevin Smith film. But it's really poignant and brilliant. I loved every inch of this film.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby eldalieva » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:30 am

Good movie, the most interesting thing is the lenguage, you enjoy the movie at its 100% if you are a mexican profanity-teller just like me (great dialogues in the bar three-dance scene)
eldalieva

Postby gimferrer » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:20 am

that song it's almost everyday in my cd player, actuallly one of the good things in this film is the superb soundtrack that I would have never imagine Frank Zappa, Eye Cherry, Molotov and many more ... the tracks just as important as the film itself and carries even more the feelings of it.

magic!
gimferrer

Postby natrev » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:44 am

Slightly overrated but fun nonetheless. I for one thought the soundtrack was horrible!? The script was definitely better than I expected.
natrev

Postby Ria » Sat Sep 20, 2003 5:21 pm

Fantastic film. So much more than just a teen movie. It was just fabulous. I thought the ending was just brilliant, if it been any other way it wouldn’t be quite as splendid.

I also loved Amores Perros.

"El Crimen De Padre Amaro" disapointed me. I felt it lacked ‘heart’.
Ria

Postby smurfrevolt » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:03 am

I like the soundtrack too. But you wouldn't really notice the songs while watching the film...
smurfrevolt

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk