GUMMO

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

GUMMO

Postby Taxidr5091 » Sun Apr 21, 2002 4:06 am

Well I'm an American and this isn't a foreign film to me. The film is called "Gummo", it's a must see. Possibily the most real film that I have ever seen, and quite disturbing in every sense. There really is no plot, just a bunch of white trash kids in a small Ohio town. These two kids kill cats and sell them. Then there is a kid who wears rabbit ears. It's a hard film to appreciate, but it must be seen. I really can't describe it in words.
Taxidr5091

Re: GUMMO

Postby Birdie8279 » Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:01 am

I love that movie. Its kind of disturbing but everytime its on I have to watch it.
Birdie8279

Re: GUMMO

Postby treschi » Thu May 09, 2002 3:32 am

Ahhhh...watching Gummo is the same as salivating over a slo-mo train wreck. The movie was just a parade of freaks with no souls. The pacing and plot (so to speak) are all present in fragments, but the high shock value is too obvious to ignore. There are no characters, only bad actors who are under the mistaken impression that they are in an arthouse movie. The only feeling that Gummo left me with was revulsion, which is not to say that I don't appreciate repugnance. I just prefer that it has no pretensions of being anything greater than it is. But kudos still for watching movies that are outside the mainstream!
treschi

Return to Film Talk