Filming in Uzbekistan

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Filming in Uzbekistan

Postby cinedictum » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:00 am

Hi,

It's Shavkat here (from Cinedictum Films).

Maybe, you could be interested in this my information below:

I made a little research here and it's turned out that a normal indie feature film would cost from 700.000,00$ to 3 millions dollars if produced in the USA.

As it comes to producing a feature film in Tashkent, Uzbekistan (my home country) - it will cost less than 400.000,00$ including bringing in main actors and crew from the States (and possibly some equipment, if needed). The quality is very high, both technical and creative. It's actually can be done like a big-budget movie shot on 35-mm film with thousands of people in it, for comparably little money.

The story might be something that can be filmed in Uzbekistan (like Adventures of American guy/girl/guys in Uzbekistan/another planet/fairy-tale place or wherever else; or a fantasy; or oriental; or medieval movie; or anything else that can be shot totally or partially in my country.) Actually, you can make absolutely any kind of film in Uzbekistan. There are all possible geographic locations and also people of any ethnic appearance.

Right now I am looking for American Producer or a Production Company (with finances), who could be interested in my opportunities. I am also willing to finance the project partially by myself.

To find out more, please go to: www.cinedictum.com/other/shoot/main.phtml

What do you think?

I live in DC area, so if it's not far from you - we can meet to talk all details if you are interested in filming in Uzbekistan.

Best regards,
Shavkat
cinedictum

Return to Film Talk