Bollywood meets Hollywood

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Bollywood meets Hollywood

Postby smelliecatus » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:15 pm

Bollywood Hollywood is coming out soon and from what i now you are getting a Bollywood film at it's best. You get the great signing, dancing, etc. with the money of Hollywood. I don't think it will be quite Bond in terms of special effects but I reckon the quality of writing, direction and most importantly with anything that has music involved... great quality sound. I'm really looking forward to Friday when it comes out.

Re: Bollywood meets Hollywood

Postby thegreatken1 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:13 am

At first, I thought this is about "The Guru". A Bollywood movie on a Hollywood budget sounds ridiculous to me. It's not like the Bollywood industry would spend US$10 million for a movie anyway.

Postby asia_bebe » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:48 pm

WOW! that is GREAT
i love Bollywood Movie they are the BEST I love the music videos some of them can but, not all that good but, most of then suits me i JUST love HINDI MOVIE they are like one of the BEST!

Postby jessiemark1 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:10 am

I like Bollywood movies very much,I've seen Koyla,Devdas,Asoka....They're all very great!

Postby stof_ » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:40 pm

Bollywood/Hollywood isn't quite a hollywood film. Its a Canadian movie. This pretty much assures that the budget won't be close to Hollywood stuff. What the title implies is that its a blending of the two film styles and cultural sensibilities. And it worked quite well, I laughed really hard during this movie

Postby IndianSummer » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:26 pm

Guys, if you want to watch good indian movies, then please stay away from stuff like bollywood/hollywood and the guru. and you think koyla, asoka are good movies? puhleezzzee!

if you're looking for good indian cinema, go for stuff tagged with names like 'Shyam Benegal', 'Kaizad Gustad' and of course, the genius of Satyajit Ray and Bimal Roy.

The director of hollywood/bollywood, deepa mehta has turned out some very good movies, especially 'fire' and 'earth'. these featured some excellent acting by top-of-the-line plots and very good direction.

but with hollywood/bollywood, the result is a very tacky comedy, to say the least, at least to an indian who has grown up on everything indian cinema has to offer: from understated pieces of genius to the not-so-good cinematic experiences.

if you want to try out indian movies and are looking for the good stuff, try any one of Satyajit Ray's movies (you can get them at or Raj Kaproor's (homeless, the time to stay awake, the sun, me joker) or Bimal Roy's (2 square feet of land, the mother of no. 1047).

if you're looking for new age indian cinema, go for E. Nivas (the spearhead), Kaizad Gustad (bombay boys, everybody says i'm fine) Shyam Benegal (english august) or Ismail Merchant (A house for Mr. Biswas, The mystic masseur, heat and dust).

take it from an indian. :)

Return to Film Talk