Off topic: Nudity/sex

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Off topic: Nudity/sex

Postby HekateMistress » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:19 am

As most people know, to find the good sex and nudity in film, one has to travel outside the US. I've started this topic in hopes that perverts like you and me can share some of our favourite moments in all its erotic glory. Who can't resist those saucy French vixens? Or those Italian heart-throbs? Even better when they shed their clothes... Here, I'd like for everyone to share some of their favourite nude and/or sex scenes, but folks, let's be creative and leave such recent art-house hits like Y Tu Mamá También and Sex & Lucía off the lists.

I'll start with some of the ones I treasure:

Helen Mirren bares both her soul and body in Peter Greenaway's violent allegory The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover... though I do enjoy her nudity in Caligula a bit more.

Jean-Hughes Anglade and Vittorio Mezzogiorno got down and dirty in Patrice Chéreau's L'Homme Blessé--homoerotic, passionate, and sexy.

I enjoy any film where Asia Argento bares her beautiful Italian bod -- and it's even more preverse when it's being shot by her own father!

For Middle-Eastern cinema, the recent Late Marriage contained one of the steamiest, longest, most realistic sex scenes I've seen on film in a while.

...And how could anyone leave off Sylvia Kristel in Emmanuelle?

Derek Jarman's Sebastiane comes to mind when thinking of more male nudity... (I suppose the best male nudity comes from queer cinema.)

Now that I've shattered the ice... feel free to share your thoughts as well.
HekateMistress

Re: Off topic: Nudity/sex

Postby Gaz » Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:41 am

In my formative years (1997ish) there was nothing to do but watch French films late at night on BBC2.

Two that stick in my mind are Noce Blanche (Vanessa Paradis and an old man - OK if you can overlook this aspect) and Love in the Strangest Way (Elles n'oublient jamais), a film not listed on this site), both of which were quite erotic to a sex-crazed teenager.

And of course Jenny Agutter in Walkabout - probably the most beautiful nude scenes in all cinema, due in no small part to Nic Roeg's brilliant eye, one of the great cinematographers.

I often find the sexiest films are those which avoid nudity - Polanski's Knife in the Water etc.
Gaz

Postby Mr. West » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:45 pm

Regarding Helen Mirren, you ought to check out 'Savage Messiah' (Ken Russell). She is far more "exhibitionary" in that one than 'The Cook, the Thief, etc.' She made my heart melt in 'Savage Messiah'...

Jenny Agutter ... ah, she was amazing. She had a very revealing scene towards the end of 'Equus.' She had one in 'Logan's Run' too. She was just gorgeous in the latter.

Mr. West

Postby HekateMistress » Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:13 am

Another actress who I forgot to mention would be Élodie Bouchez, who I believe is currently married to one of the lads in Daft Punk. She was gorgeous, and gorgeously naked, in the film Don't Let Me Die on a Sunday, or J'aimerais Pas Crever Une Dimanche. She's bared skin before, in Wild Reeds and CQ, but that film was easily her best "revealing" performance.
HekateMistress

Postby HekateMistress » Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:07 pm

About the comment that the sexiest films are those that avoid nudity: I very much agree, and I site Persona as an example. Easily one of the sexiest, toe-curlingly erotic scenes not to include sex or nudity. That Bibi Andersson. But to start discussing such matters would be to change the topic...
HekateMistress

Postby Bacchus33 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:58 pm

I have a rather strange one. It is the opening sequence of Godard's Weekend. I saw it when I was a young teenager and it did strange things to me.
Bacchus33

Postby bmxsuperhero » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:32 pm

Béatrice Dalle in anything....
bmxsuperhero

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:03 am

The sex scene in Nicholas Roeg's "Don't Look Now", with Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie, is still one of the frankest, most honest. and lyrically shot in the history of cinema. And yes, I agree with "Late Marriage" in that I was taken aback by the sex scene in that film, tasteful yet erotic.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby Mr. West » Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:30 am

Personally, I liked Nicole Kidman's unclothed scenes in 'Eyes Wide Shut.' They were brief, but I suppose part of the eroticness of it was that such a popular and successful actress would consent to doing those kind of scenes.
Mr. West

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:07 am

LETS HAVE A COMPLETE TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT AND PUT DOWN AS MANY AS YOU KNOW,So we can all go out and buy them.I Have a stack of Uk Women ie Nude Scenes if anyone is interested
HASSELBAINK007

Next

Return to Film Talk