Which gender created-used most cliches ?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Which gender created-used most cliches ?

Postby pre-tender » Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:40 pm

"cliche" is the most desrtucrive term of cinema, i always name a film as "masterpiece" if it managed to be good without using cliches,i think a film should add a brand new way of cinema-language or technique managing to use old ones in the summit.
So which genre produced-used the most known cliches ? and what are they ?
i think the answer must be action-adventure( especially martial-arts),horror and romantic-comedies...!
pre-tender

Re: Which gender created-used most cliches ?

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 6:05 pm

Definitely romantic comedies. The goofy and/or anti-marriage best friend, the old wise grandfather who spits out advice, etc. Too many cliches to mention.
bigpoppa_2059

Re: Which gender created-used most cliches ?

Postby pre-tender » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:56 am

well yes i think another mass-cliche genre should be romantic-comedies...
but i think the most cliche part of romantic-comedies is "the end with kiss" part :) when u start to see that movie you can easily guess "who with who" will be lovers and Bingo!!! They kiss each other in the street and the camera goes up into the silhuette of the city :))
Also it is a very common cliche that the opposite people get together: romantic woman& rude-unsentimental man, a man of love& slut woman...and the list goes on...
but i think people still love romantic-comedies and also they serve for Lovers: imagine 2 lovers seeing a horror movie!!! Acceptable? NOPE it is a rule that if u go to cinema with your Darling u should see a romantic-comedy ( it helps you to u refresh your affir and at the end you will have a great opportunity to kiss your partner)... :)))
well i m looking forward to reading your ideas about other genres...
pre-tender

Return to Film Talk