When wacthing a movie what points do you look at?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

When wacthing a movie what points do you look at?

Postby psharma88 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 12:12 am

When I watch a movie I look for the guys and how hot they are...well maybe there is more to a movie then that! What do you look at?
psharma88

Re: When wacthing a movie what points do you look at?

Postby keehana » Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:02 am

smart, witty dialogue. unexpected twists during the discourse of the movie. 'Happy ever after' endings are fine but once in a while its great when the lead dosent get their way. makes the movie a little more interesting, I feel.
keehana

Postby michellelocke007 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:30 pm

When watching films especially foreign and indie ones, I always take into account the script, dialogue, cinematography, range of emotions that the actors convey on the screen. The plot and over-all storyline will also pique and maintain my interest throughout. I just hope for a meaningful, thought-provoking and intriguing piece of work. A lot of films that are coming out of Europe usually feature and star un-known actors and are directed by newcomers which makes it a refreshing change to watch. Seeing someone's hard-work and efforts put into a film makes it all the more alluring and wonderous to watch. One doesn't need a big-budget, big named stars or special effects to produce a great piece of work.
michellelocke007

Postby aviv71 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:58 pm

For comedies, I like outragous dialog. Dramas, I like films that explore relationships and I don't always care for happy endings. I like realistic endings....which can be happy, but often don't need to be.
aviv71

Postby Gaz » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:54 pm

I think that, more often than not, a happy ending spoils an otherwise good film.
Gaz

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 7:59 pm

Mise-en-scene is most important to me. Growing up Andre Bazin, James Agee & Andrew Sarris were all the film journalists who taught me how to love & appreciate cinema. So when I watch a film and analyze it or discuss it in depth, obviously camera movments, composition, lighting, depth and movement within the frame are all most to me. Storytelling is also important, depending on the type of film it is (for a Hollywood film, but when I watch a Kiarostami, Bresson, or Angeloplous I am interested for things other than quality of storytelling & forward-momentum narrative).
bigpoppa_2059

Return to Film Talk