About Leslie Cheung

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

About Leslie Cheung

Postby jessiemark1 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 11:25 am

Does anyone know Leslie Cheung?I think he is really a great actor.I like" Days of being Wild","Ashes of Time""Farewell,My Concubine"............AAAND i'M really SORRY about his suicide.

Re: About Leslie Cheung

Postby oomingakus » Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:31 pm

I don't know much about Leslie Cheung, and I hope that I don't offend anyone with my question, but here it is... Does the fact that he committed suicide on April 1st (April Fool's Day) have any significance? Like I said, I don't know anything about his personal life or beliefs, the date of death just struck me as odd. Also, the method of suicide seems rather uncommon for artists. Does that carry any significance? A morbid topic, but a potentially interesting one, if there's anything "between-the-lines" to be read.

Postby Lex Luthor » Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:50 am

Leslie Cheung happens to be among the Asian actors I admire the most. Among his films that i saw were Happy Together, Farewell My Concubine, Temptress Moon, Inner Senses. It so weird that in his last film Inner Senses, he was about to jump off the building but was saved by love, and in real life he actually jumped.
Lex Luthor

Postby kmcalma » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:56 pm

It aint easy bein' gay in China...

Postby asia_bebe » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:44 pm

i do feel sorry for leslie he is a GREAT Actor!!!!!! why did he had to do that GEZZZ! =(

Return to Film Talk