Have anybody seen Paradjanov's films?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Have anybody seen Paradjanov's films?

Postby Mik » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:28 am

I think, it's one of the best directors of all time, but there is no his films on www.foreignfilms.com. I wonder, why? His poetic films are masterpieces. It's outstanding cinematography. His acting with colors, montage is unique. But to my great surprize I haven't found here even one of the best films of all time - "Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors" and "Sayat nova" Tell me, why?
Mik

Re: Have anybody seen Paradjanov's films?

Postby Mik » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:34 am

I've just found these films and page about Parajanov here.
I'm sorry. Let's discuss his films. What do you think about them?
Mik

Postby kmcalma » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:29 pm

I'd like to watch these films but for the life of me cant find the damn things...
kmcalma

Postby gratefultiger » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:06 pm

The Maestro Parajanov's Masterworks are easily found in the UK (the best versions on VHS PAL) Connoisseur video supplies them, once seen/scene never forgotten as an old hippie with a haircut some of the visuals sure do bring back lovely memories,Parajanov is unique but don't buy Bloody NTSC from KINO Video as those gorgeous colours are washed out.PS don't tell me "shadows of our forgotten ancestors isn't the best "romeo & juliet" of all,Sayat Nova
is Sublime nothig like it & so influential,best of luck & welcome to the magical world of Parajanov!
gratefultiger

Postby john-5 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:41 pm

Paradjanov doesn't feature very strongly here cos not enough people have seen his films. His visual style (and use of sound) is extraordinary; The Colour of Pomegranates surely among the most original and astonishing films.
john-5

Return to Film Talk