Name of English film, country traffic jam

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Name of English film, country traffic jam

Postby bengriffin85 » Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:37 pm

I need help to find the name of a short English film made some twenty odd years ago.

I recall watching an English comedy skit where two Englishmen are having a Sunday drive along a country road and end up facing each other on a narrow part of that road. There is no room for either car to go to the side of the road to let the other pass and proceed on their way. They are stuck there and after a few minutes neither driver wishes to back up. An impasse develops. The wives of each man get out of the car and have a picnic while the men try to sort out the problem. The men soon begin to argue and yell at each other. One part of the conversation I remember fairly clearly. The aristocratic looking man says, "My automobile association is the oldest in Great Britain." The man who looks like he is from the working class replies, "My automobile association has the most members in Great Britain." They fume and huff and the confrontation ends with a satisfactory resolution.

If someone out there could email me at bengriffin85@hotmail.com about a web page, video, or synopsis about this short film, I would greatly appreciate it.

yours truly,

Ben Griffin
bengriffin85

Re: Name of English film, country traffic jam

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:05 pm

i remember this film and when my memory gets back to me i will send you some info
HASSELBAINK007

Return to Questions