What is the name of this film...Please?

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

What is the name of this film...Please?

Postby trickponygirl2 » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:29 pm

Several years ago I watched a French (subtitled)film that was about an artist who joined up with a circus in order to better his skills at painting horses. The head trainer for the horses had been previously injured in the revolution. As a result of his was forced to where a mask over half of his face. The film was quite srreal in it's cinematograghy and there were some rather graphic scenes a s well. The most enchanting of which was during a thunderstorm the mask man rode a white horse to some rather tragic music while lightening and thunder were raging all around him, he also did this spectacular feat with out the use of his hands!!!!
Awesome. I would very much like to purchase this film if someone out there might help me to discover the title! Please help if you can. JO
trickponygirl2

Re: What is the name of this film...Please?

Postby Gaz » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:38 am

I remember the film, but not the title! I don't think I liked it very much, but now I'm tearing my hair out trying to remember what it was called! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!
Gaz

Postby somegreatmovies » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:23 am

I could be totaly wrong here, as I have never seen the film, but I think maybe it might sound kinda like Santa sangre... maybe-maybe not
somegreatmovies

Postby Gaz » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:36 pm

Don't think so...it was French, probably early 90s. Any other suggestions?
Gaz

Postby Gaz » Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:13 pm

Well, I've found the film I was thinking of, only to discover the plot is nothing like the one mentioned in the first posting (it was Beineix's Roselyne et les Lions, by the way - there are no similarities except for people and animals), which means back to square one...
Gaz

Postby Ben1 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:02 pm

hi TPG!
the title you are looking for is Mazeppa.It was made in 1993
and there seems to be only one review of it at www.mrqe.com(which is VERY rare)
Ben1
Ben1

Return to Questions