SOLARIS are we safe?

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

SOLARIS are we safe?

Postby gratefultiger » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:57 am

soderburgh's (re-make?) of Tarkovsky's mind boggler is headed down_under any one seen it yet? i will go along even though clooney & co didn't seem to know what it was really all about in a tv interview i saw the person interviewing knew even less!i get very nervous when the modest mr cameron is involved he didn't even mention Tarkovsky typical!
gratefultiger

Re: SOLARIS are we safe?

Postby tincanpally » Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:21 am

It was sleep-inducing. Don't expect the head-trip some are saying it is. There is nothing deep going on here, despite what others may say, to sound smart.
tincanpally

Postby paredes » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:13 pm

I haven't seen the Tarkovsky version yet but I really enjoyed the Soderbergh one; it didn't seem to concerned with being arty or a faithful remake, it just told its story in the way that Soderbergh generally does. It's gorgeously photographed and deals with some very interesting issues, the only drawback is that Clooney was a bit too flat in the lead role. Natascha McElhone was marvelous and very hypnotic. Don't ask me, though, because my friend and I were the only ones left in the theatre by the time it was over and even she was sleeping!
paredes

Postby gratefultiger » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:49 pm

you must see the tarkovsky version!i think you will find it extremely interesting as a child of the 60's i certainly did!:-) i will give the new version a go but clooney is a worry!
gratefultiger

Return to Questions