Titanic :)

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Titanic :)

Postby pre-tender » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:49 am

loool do not ask why Titanic is in this site!!! i just wanted to learn what foreignfilms-indie lovers think about this dependant-pure USA made:)-hihgly popular-highly rated film...
mean while ,tonight Titanic will be on Tv for the first time in Turkey and i think there will no Turk who has not seen it after tonight :)
mean while as for me: i love it yes i love but why ?
may be Titanic is the first film i saw in a cinema-theathre :) and when i saw it, i was just 16yo ( the age in which you feel so emotional) so it affected me so deeply that i always jerk-tears when i listen to "my heart will go on" and i think my weakness for Titanic will go on even though i see that there are so many "effective" films rather than Titanic...
We can not deny that Titanic is "gone with the wind" or "casablanca" for viewers younger than 25 :)
Also youngesters can not understand ( most of them: and i ) why those people loved "gone with the wind or casablanca"...
Generation Gap ??? maybe...
what do u think about this please write...thanks...
pre-tender

Re: Titanic :)

Postby HenryGinsberg » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:27 pm

A lot of people hate this film. I like it, but I can see why some people might dislike it. It has many moments of James Cameron's trademark stupidity, and the plot is a little wooden. However, for me the film was a visual spectacle, and the plot was mearly a devise to keep the film moving. It is one of the most visually stunning films I think I have ever seen. OK, I'd agree that 11 Oscars was a little excesive, and I certainly wouldn't give best director to James Cameron(for me, he only just about failed to ruin the film), but I don't like why people are so condeming of the film. I think quite a large proportion of the people who crytasise it are just dumb kids who can't ssit still for five minuts without an explosion.
HenryGinsberg

Re: Titanic :)

Postby pre-tender » Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:07 pm

What a great point!!!
yes Titanic is visually stunning more than those "full-exploided" film and i think the reason lies behind the hatred of those viewers is about its plot; yes titanis is a drama, maybe a melodram, but its visual quality completed the aim to make people to feel the tragedy of those passenger...
pre-tender

Return to Questions