Please name this film

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Please name this film

Postby szindbad » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:02 am

About five years ago I watched (on French-German channel "Arte") a British film (from the 90's, I guess), but I unfortunately don't remember its title, so I ask you to help me recall it. I don't know if it's made for TV or cinema distribution, but it looks like low-budget production. It's a chamber psychological drama. The main protagonists are teenage siblings - a girl and two boys. They live in a house in wilderness, completely abandoned place. When their mother dies, they put the corpse into a wardrobe (or wooden packet) and bury in a cellar. After short time it starts to stink in a house. In the meantime the girl and older brother have incest affair (they even sleep together in mother's bed). When a acquaintance - who is in love with a girl - learns of it, he runs away after a row. I watched this movie long time ago, when I hadn't been yet interested in film, but it's still in my mind. It was a piece of disturbing, weird but very original cinema.
szindbad

Re: Please name this film

Postby Gaz » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:07 am

It's The Cement Garden, based on the wonderful early novel by Ian McEwan. I only saw the film once several years ago, but it has stayed with me.
Gaz

Re: Please name this film

Postby szindbad » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:50 am

thank you, Gaz
szindbad

Return to Questions