Is there such a movie with Christ and diciples portrayed as homosexual

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

Re: Is there such a movie with Christ and diciples portrayed as homosexual

Postby nina* » Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:04 am

Sounds very interesting. Christian intellectuals? Wow. I didn't know such a breed existed, but they sure do sound exactly like I would have dreamed them to be.
nina*

Postby Gaz » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:41 pm

There are lott of Christian intellectuals, but sadly most "Christians" on the internet seem keener to promote a message of hate than of love - if you don't believe me then visit [url]http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/[/url] and watch your favourite films torn apart by monsters who claim to be Christian.
Gaz

Postby Gaz » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:46 pm

Examples:

Harry Potter is rated "Very Offensive".

There is a review of South Park by a 14-year-old boy saying "I urge everyone to avoid this shameless piece of nonsense. The content was never less than utterly offensive. The disgusting tolerance of homosexuality and the constant violence and swearing made me feel sick. This should be banned straight away."

A comment about The Simpsons: "I think this show deserves a huge bursting red A (avoid) for its rating. Why? There are too many reasons. Some include swearing and unpoliteness, violence and discrimination. Bart swears a lot in the show, and always disagrees with his father, who is NOT a good role model in the family at all! Marge is the only level headed one in the entire show. Sometimes this show has a section about a mouse and cat doing terribly violent things to themselves or each other. It is very disturbing and is terribly graphic (as graphic as a cartoon can be). Also, they make fun of Christianity or are completely against it (There was one show where Bart was praying and I think all he said was what he wanted. And when it came to the thanking God part, he replied "Oh, I don't have to thank God for anything. What did God give me anyway?" -- it was something in that context.) I found it very sad that people enjoy this show and it should be placed in the same category as "South Park"."

The Simpsons graphic? I can only assume he hasn't seen Fritz the Cat. He would probably have a heart attack.
Gaz

Postby nina* » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:47 am

This one's (from the same site) about Headwig And The Angry Inch: "Tommy, becomes a Satanic type rock singer (black stringy hair, black clothes, black tattoos, black eyeliner, and ((the best part)) a silver cross on his forehead). / Also, the Harry Potter books have been under a lense, for "witchcraft"; So has teletubbies Tinky Winky, who "has been found carrying a red purse in many episodes" even thow he "has clearly a male voice". Tinky Winky is also purple, so is Barney. The Little mermaid (I think the seagull was gay and the priest a pervert..) and The Lion king (letters S,E & X are suppose to float through the screen at some point..) were on the southern babtists black list along with Disney it self... Unfortunately the list goes on. / I feel that most christians tend to promote the hate message also outside the net, I think christianity is a spreading brain damage. Another "christian site": www.godhatesfags.com
nina*

Postby Gaz » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:01 am

In my experience most Christians follow the message of Christ, to love each other; however, the most vocal group - in America at least - appears to be the repent-or-die fire and brimstone preachers, who are more likely to turn people against Christianity than spread the message of love. In my opinion it wouldn't be a bad idea at all if the Old Testament was completely disregarded.

Also, there are happily several pro-gay websites which have sprung up in response to the infamous godhatesfags site. They're fighting a losing battle and they know it.
Gaz

Postby Gaz » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:24 am

The christiananswers site also advises viewers to avoid Notting Hill because there is a scene which shows Julia Roberts' NAKED BACK. God save us.
Gaz

Postby nina* » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:50 am

Oh dear, did Julia Roberts back have "satanic black tattoos" in it? Well, judging by my own experience & more importantly by the things done in the last 2000 years (as well as today) in the name of christianity I disagree. Thow I will admit that this subject is on my top 5 list of things, towards Im not very objective (just after: "all finnish people are retarted idiots" & "the whole humankind is evil" (you know how cities look like tumors from abowe..;-)).
nina*

Postby HenryGinsberg » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:44 pm

Gaz, without the old testament, the new testament makes a lot less sense. In the old testament we have a vengeful God. However the arival of Jesus changes everything which is why we have a forgiving God in the new testament.
HenryGinsberg

Postby Gaz » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:55 pm

It's the existence of a vengeful God which makes me dislike OT Christianity - I'm not denying that the two Testaments are linked.
Gaz

Previous

Return to Questions