French/Italian Swashbuckler title needed

Can't remember the title of a film or other questions? Ask here.

French/Italian Swashbuckler title needed

Postby whosdrew » Tue Jul 31, 2001 9:39 am

A couple of years ago I was watching a foreign swashbuckler without subtitles and had to leave halfway through. It had a pretty standard plot. A famous swordsman and his family are ordered killed. A friend saves the daughter by faking her death, she grows up to become a fighter like her father. Anyway one point which may help someone to i.d this for me was the patented move used by the swordsman and his daughter. A pirouette along the opponents arm finishing with a thrust to the head(?). The girl was very pretty and apparently quite famous but I can't for the life of me remember her or the movie's name or even the language (I think French).
Hope someone can help.
Cheers
Drew
whosdrew

Re: French/Italian Swashbuckler title needed

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:02 pm

It can only be one of two that sound familar to me.
Le Bossu 1997 France Daniel Auteuil Marie Gillain
La Fille De D`Artagnan (D`Artagnan`s`s Daughter) Philippe noiret And Sophie Marceau 1994

Hope that helps
HASSELBAINK007

Re: French/Italian Swashbuckler title needed

Postby HASSELBAINK007 » Tue Aug 14, 2001 3:07 pm

A Further Thought it was Le Bossu Directed By Philippe De Broca starring Daniel Auteuil Yann Collette Jean Francois Stevenin The Beautiful Belgian Beauty Marie Gillain and Vincent Perez Fabrice Luchini Claire Nebout Philippe Noiret made in 1997 Distributed In UK 1999 It is a French/Italy/Germany Production 123 mins Distributed on Video in Uk By PATHE
HASSELBAINK007

Return to Questions