Films never seen

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: Films never seen

Postby wpqx » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:05 am

I've seen Nashville twice, and the first time the bad country music got to me. Its still Altman's finest hour, and that's no excuse.
wpqx

Postby A » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:39 pm

Also thought I'd never watch Altman's "Nashville" a couple of years ago, cause I also couldn't stand country. Well, I probably still can't stant too much country, but I'm willing to watch the film now. Times change
Only seen one more this year, Ordet , which was very good.
A

Postby wpqx » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:33 pm

Ordet is quite good, damn near Dreyer's best. I can't see any reason to not watch any movie (other than lack of quality). I mean the toughest film I ever watched was Stan Brakkhage's The Act of Seeing With One's Own Eyes. The film was basically a 40 minute autopsy and it was extremely unsettling, because unlike hyper stylized gore fests, this is an actual documentation of autopsies, and seeing real corpses cut up on film just seriously bothered me.

Now if there was a film that was filled with animal torture, I'd probably avoid that at all costs. If you check out Altman's most recent A Prarie Home Companion, that might help you ease into Nashville. Nashville isn't really just about the country music scene, it deals with a lot of timely issues of politics and a lack of connection in modern society. It'd be in my top 100 and I still find it sublime.
wpqx

Postby hengcs » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:11 am

moved to this thread?
hengcs

Previous

Return to Lists and Recommendations