Indian top 10

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: Indian top 10

Postby madhuban » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:22 am

DVDs of films made in India (whatever is available) would be approx 5-6 Euros each or less. You can take back cartloads of them
madhuban

Postby A » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:34 pm

If I ever get the opporunity to visit your country, I'm sure this thread will be an important guide.
A

Postby justindeimen » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:16 pm

I really need to get more of Mani Ratnam's films. So far I've watched Roja and Nayakan this past week. The latter was mind-blowingly good, definitely raced up my mind's list of best films that year and possibly of all Indian films. The central performance is possibly the best I've seen in a film from India, bar none. A little reading shows that it was indeed honoured as a great performance.

www.time.com/time/2005/100movies/0,23220,nayakan,00.html

I've now got Dil Se and Guru on hand. Mani Ratnam's quickly solidifying himself as someone I would readily bring up and exalt if a conversation ever switches to Indian cinema.
justindeimen

Postby A » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:07 pm

Need to check out if some of his films are available in Germany. I think chances aren't too bad.
Would be great to see you write something about it, Justin.
A

Previous

Return to Lists and Recommendations