Sight & Sound - 75 Hidden Gems.

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

Re: Sight & Sound - 75 Hidden Gems.

Postby wpqx » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:21 am

Well it appears to be the subject I know the most about.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:11 am

Well, I now have Mr. Möller's selection in my possession (Helmut Käutner's Monpti), but it doesn't contain English subtitles. I wish I could utilize the services of A and R6...
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:57 am

Well I missed my chance to see Model Shop in a theater a few weeks ago. I would like to see some films from Kautner sometime before I die.
wpqx

Postby R6dw6C » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 am

I feel sort of adressed, arsaib.

Subtitling German Films in English appeared as an attractive thought in my mind many times in the past because so many grand but unknown gems aren't available international. I even thought about doing the same thing with "Confessions of a Police Captain" for you because you absolutely must see it, now that you learned to like Damiani. However, I haven't got the technical skills (a friend of mine and A has, though) and my English isn't the best but as I would love to try this out myself (another cinematic challenge...), why not with the wonderful "Montpti"? Maybe I'll give it a try... but don't anticipate anything, this is just a vague deliberation of mine. *

Which version do you have? The German DVD from Kinowelt or a VHS?

* The Index of English subtitled German DVDs of German Films isn't nearly as vague though it'll take more time, I'm afraid. But when I started with it I soon though that it would be necessary to deliver brief descriptions of the films, as well as the IMDb-Links and so on. Maybe, my web access will be finally fixed some time this year...
R6dw6C

Postby arsaib4 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:43 am

I have the VHS from Kinowelt. You guys are the best!
arsaib4

Postby R6dw6C » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:26 am

Let's see if A is interested too. I'd need the help of somebody whose English skills are more compending than mine. If I'd only have more time left... I'll probably start to work as a projectionist in the only Cinema of Nuremberg that shows only Original Versions next week and it seems as it will be very rough because there is plenty more work to do than I expected. But at least, I'll probably see some more new Hollywood Films in the original version instead dubbed which would be a fortune if the selections of this Cinema were any better - Currently playing: "Charlie Wilson's War", "27 Dresses", "P.S. I Love You", "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" (I hate Nicolas Cage...) and "Vantage Point".
R6dw6C

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:59 am

That's too bad. I'm also not interested in watching any of those films.

And more Damiani is on the way!
arsaib4

Previous

Return to Lists and Recommendations