The Best Trilogy Ever!

Create lists of the best, worst, favorites, etc... and request or share recommendations with other users. Add your Top 10 lists here!

The Best Trilogy Ever!

Postby A » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:10 am

Ok, let's try this again. With 20 choices!
I hope I haven't forgotten any important ones.
A

Re: The Best Trilogy Ever!

Postby R6dw6C » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Where's Antonioni's whatever-Trilogy of "L'Avventura", "La Notte" and "L'Eclisse", A? (I believe that it's called the "Vitti-Trilogy" sometimes).

If "The Mother of Tears" will be good enough (20- 25 Points), I'll chose the "Three Mothers Trilogy" though then only the two first films are outstanding and I haven't seen many of those trilogies you've listed or, at least, not all three films.

Leone's "Dollar"-Trilogy, Gus Van Sant's "Death-Trilogy" and, especially !!! of course !!! "Lord of the Rings" are strong rivals, though.
R6dw6C

Postby R6dw6C » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Where's Antonioni's whatever-Trilogy of "L'Avventura", "La Notte" and "L'Eclisse", A? (I believe that it's called the "Vitti-Trilogy" sometimes).

If "The Mother of Tears" will be good enough (20- 25 Points), I'll chose the "Three Mothers Trilogy" though then only the two first films are outstanding and I haven't seen many of those trilogies you've listed or, at least, not all three films.

Leone's "Dollar"-Trilogy, Gus Van Sant's "Death-Trilogy" and, especially !!! of course !!! "Lord of the Rings" are strong rivals, though.
R6dw6C

Postby wpqx » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:59 pm

I had to go with Star Wars, can't help it.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:59 pm

I had to go with Star Wars, can't help it.
wpqx

Postby A » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:23 am

$!*@, I totally forgot about Antonioni's trilogy, or Van Sant. But I guess, one could say that they are not really trilogies.

Fortunately we still have the "other" option. As it is, I cannot edit the poll after it has been added.

Haven't seen a lot of them myself (usually just one or two films).

@wpqx

I didn't vote for Back to the future, but it could be the same. I'll try and hold off till I see more trilogies.
A

Postby A » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:23 am

$!*@, I totally forgot about Antonioni's trilogy, or Van Sant. But I guess, one could say that they are not really trilogies.

Fortunately we still have the "other" option. As it is, I cannot edit the poll after it has been added.

Haven't seen a lot of them myself (usually just one or two films).

@wpqx

I didn't vote for Back to the future, but it could be the same. I'll try and hold off till I see more trilogies.
A

Postby wpqx » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Star Wars has been sitting in my top ten for my entire life so its nearly impossible for anything I see now to take its place. The Dollars trilogy would probably be the next best thing, but I've only seen Fistful and For a Few Dollars More once, whereas I've seen TGTBATU about 12 times.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Star Wars has been sitting in my top ten for my entire life so its nearly impossible for anything I see now to take its place. The Dollars trilogy would probably be the next best thing, but I've only seen Fistful and For a Few Dollars More once, whereas I've seen TGTBATU about 12 times.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

The Glauber Rocha trilogy
arsaib4

PreviousNext

Return to Lists and Recommendations