Renaissance (2006) (France)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Renaissance (2006) (France)

Postby hengcs » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:58 am

Director: Christian Volckman

The animation won the Best Film in Annecy International Animated Film Festival 2006 !

The official website
see
http://www.renaissance-lefilm.com/accueil.htm

Conclusion:
Highly recommended ... for its visuals and a thrilling pace ...
hengcs

Re: Renaissance (2006) (France)

Postby trevor826 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:39 am

I saw Renaissance a while back and was very impressed with the style, completely monochromatic barring one dash of colour. The story is very much in the "film noir" mould but obviously, like "Ghost in the Shell 2 - Innocence" or "Blade Runner", set in a futuristic world.

It is due for release on dvd in the UK next week but I just wonder how the graphic style will hold up on the small screen. I am looking forward to checking the dvd out, hopefully it'll accomodate some decent extras as well.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby hengcs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:44 am

ha ... surprised u didnt post then ... ;PPP

hey, wat happen to the guy who knew french?
arsaib4? have u watched?
hengcs

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:48 am

No, haven't watched this one yet; had a chance at TIFF but I passed. Is it similar to Sin City?
arsaib4

Postby trevor826 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:00 am

Nothing like Sin City, no comic book basis, far more traditional in its story telling. I have the dvd now so will write up on it within the next few days. As expected, it loses some of its grandeur on the small screen but not as badly as I was expecting.

Hengcs, I did mention it briefly in the last film seen thread but didn't follow it up. I would expect to see a HD and/or Blu-ray version released soon.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Return to Film Talk