films twice on website

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

films twice on website

Postby john-5 » Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:39 pm

Some films already on the website-e.g. Run Lola Run, The Battle of Algiers- have been added again on the homepage, thus confusing the information and voting.Is anyone responsible for ensuring duplication is avoided, the website overall?.In the meantime, can people please check they're not duplicating, if possible(i know it's time-consuming).Sorry to sound like some old fuddy-duddy!
john-5

Re: films twice on website

Postby Ockien » Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:28 am

No it's not time consumong at all I fully agree with you. I do enjoy the privelage to add more films (especially new ones or rare ones) to the database, but I do also dislike the fact that people put fils on here that are already on here in different lettering and such so all in all be considerate people and watch what you are doing.
Ockien

Postby stof_ » Wed Jan 02, 2002 6:26 pm

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for adding a film "escape velocity" twice. I did this because it was coproduced by 2 countries. secondly, I e-mailed the creators of this website about this exact problem and they completely brushed me off about it. so I don't think the problem will be rectified any time soon.
stof_

Postby john-5 » Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:55 pm

I've just had difficulty myself bringing up some films via the filmsearch, which are on the database after all.Perhaps others have inadvertently added films already on,when in fact they'd tried to check.If so,apologies,but still check anyway if you're not doing so.
john-5

Return to Film Talk