Frozen Land - by Aku Louhimies ( Finland 2005 )

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Frozen Land - by Aku Louhimies ( Finland 2005 )

Postby Ericktubil » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:40 am

I just watched it. Loved it...loved it. The film is very dark, talks about the realities of unemployment, drugs, alcohol and the effect of single "Fake Money" to the society. The movie storytelling is quite similar to the movie "Crash" by Paul Haggis.
According to the flyers, it won a special jury pize in 2005 Moscow Film Festival 2005. It is one of the films featured in CineManila 2005 Advance Screening. The following are the other movies featured in the Advance Screening of CineManila

Manderlay -by Lars Von Trier ( Denmark /USA 2005 )
Kekexili - by Lu Chuan ( China 2004 )
Factotum - by Bent Hammer ( USA / Norway 2005)
Daybreak - by Bjorn Runge ( Sweden 2003 )
Bishonen - by Yonfan ( Hongkong 1998 )
Hawaii , Oslo - by Erik Poppe ( Denmark/ Norway 2004 )

The official Cinemanila Film Festival will begin October 12 and will end October 25 ..

Ericktubil

Re: Frozen Land - by Aku Louhimies ( Finland 2005 )

Postby trevor826 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:56 pm

Hopefully you'll get the chance to see some of the other films, if so please write your comments on them.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby A » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:47 pm

Sounds interesting. I haven`t heard of the others, yet (besides Manderlay), so Id be pleased with a write-up.
And have fun at the festival!
Today I`ll watch the last film in my hometowns "Festival" of some sorts (only eleven films, cornered by 15 classics) and I`m in a good mood: Goodbye, Dragon Inn (Tsai Ming-liang / Taiwan / 2003).
A

Postby hengcs » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:49 am

I have watched the following and written "lost" reviews for the first and third ... but i guess I will leave the writing to you now ... ha ha ha ... dont worry, I will add on ... hiaks hiaks

Kekexili - by Lu Chuan ( China 2004 )
Bishonen - by Yonfan ( Hongkong 1998 )
Hawaii , Oslo - by Erik Poppe ( Denmark/ Norway 2004 )
hengcs

Return to Film Talk