Transformers (2007)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Transformers (2007)

Postby hengcs » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:50 am

Director: Michael Bay

Oh no ... the film did not wow me away ...
after some time, I soon feel that the film is kind of long ... it has its plus points, but it is not enuf to sustain me for more than 2 hours ...

I will explain more if time permits ... or maybe some others will ... who knows, maybe I should allocate my time to reviewing other films ... ha ha ha

Re: Transformers (2007)

Postby hengcs » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:23 am

Given that there are a number of reviews out there, I shall only concentrate on 1 point which I thought is MOST important ...

To me, one of the most fascinating scene that I used to recall was: the marvellous TRANSFORMATION from CAR to ROBOT ... I was in so much anticipation of it ... nope, we are not talking abt the speed of transformation (which i believe the director or editor) might have assumed and did a good job of it ... the transformation was VERY quick (say rendered within 1 second or so) ... but hey hey hey, it was TOO quick ... such that the entire "marvel" of how different parts of a car got transformed into another portion of the robot was TOTALLY gone ... in the end, we could only be "entertained" by the overdone bombs and firefights which are ALREADY PREVALENT in many CGI films ...

In essence, the main crux of the film -- the marvel of TRANSFORMATION is lacking ... what a pity ...

Return to Film Talk