The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Postby hengcs » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:30 am

Director: David Frankel
Cast: Merly Streep, Anne Hathaway

The official site
see
http://www.devilwearspradamovie.com/

Synopsis:
A woman landed herself in a fashion magazine job which many would die for ... but she got a tough female boss ... how would things turn out ...

My thoughts ...

-- I guess most people would agree that it is a film that might just get Meryl Streep nominated again in Oscar ... but she might/might not get it ... cos Helen Mirren (The Queen) might be a tough fight ... hee hee ... nonetheless, Merly Streep has the most number of interesting lines ... and the lines were very well delivered by her ... maybe we could compile a list of "nasty lines" (any takers?) ... ha ha ha ... also, the scene whereby Meryl Streep informed of her divorce with her husband, many audience would likely sympathize with her (despite her "meanness" earlier) ... if nothing else makes you like the film, then just go for the two actresses ...

PS: some of you may go for the fashion too ...

-- As usual, there are some nice food for thoughts in this film ... e.g., about choices in life, about career and family, etc ... I have to qualify that sometimes, the resolution in the film comes kind of easy ...

-- If anything could be better ... I would say it is the predictable ending ... is it Hollywood? or is it the book which I have not read? ... why the ending has to be a "happy/enlightening" one ... ;PPP

Conclusion:
Recommended ... as a commercial film ... esp. if you are upset with your boss (and thinks negatively of him/her ... ha ha ha) ...
hengcs

Re: The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Postby smurfrevolt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:52 pm

I really liked Emily Blunt in the film.
smurfrevolt

Re: The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Postby arsaib4 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:10 am

I haven't watched this movie yet, but I was impressed by Emily Blunt in the British film, My Summer of Love.
arsaib4

Return to Film Talk