What is the best plce to buy foreign films?

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

What is the best plce to buy foreign films?

Postby m.santosus » Fri Apr 12, 2002 4:04 am

I just noticed a couple of Giancarlo Giannini titles on this website, Lili Marleen and Francesca and Annunziata. It seems that most places only sell the most popular titles and somtimes dubbed versions, which I absolutely hate, where can you purchase some obscure titles?
m.santosus

Re: What is the best plce to buy foreign films?

Postby john-5 » Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:29 am

The British company MovieMail(www.moviem.co.uk)is the one i use for renting as well as buying world cinema videos by mail order.They stock all the videos/dvd's available in Britain and some deleted titles,though there are still many international films that aren't available at present unfortunately.Their rental service is particularly useful,i find,as a relatively cheap way to get to see films the TV channels and local cinemas wouldn't show.Before that,having to buy films unseen was an expensive business!They're much more efficient than many companies i've come across.
john-5

Postby johnn-1 » Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:03 am

Here is a site based in Chicago that has a mail rental service for the continental USA. Their sales side also has an immense variety, and includes some early videos that I have not seen available elsewhere.

http://www.facets.org/

I tried to join their mail rental service but they would not extend the service to Canada.

They have many vhs titles that I am considering purchasing, (not available elsewhere in either dvd or vhs) but I haven't placed any orders yet.

JohnN

johnn-1

Postby m.santosus » Sat Apr 13, 2002 4:41 pm

Thanks John for being so kind to e-mail me. I will try facets video,they are a good company. The one in the U.K. I am sure only sells the pal version and of course I need the NSTC video for the U. S.
m.santosus

Postby bdk160 » Sun Apr 21, 2002 7:52 pm

John is right on. You can find plenty of foreign film from just about any country. Go and indulge yourself. Happy shopping.
bdk160

Postby tanerkisla » Sun May 19, 2002 2:31 pm

www.dvdplanet.com is the best place to buy foreign movies.You can buy foreign movies %35 or more off,such as some of the top 100 films of this site and I also recommend Criterion Collection for this genre.
tanerkisla

Postby mariposa112070 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:59 pm

johnn-1 beat me to the punch. I believe Johnn has given you the most valuable resource in locating films and especially foreign films. Facets is going to be your best bet. Good luck!
mariposa112070

Postby mfp1069 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:20 pm

i am lookin for foreign movies that are erotic but not x rated. love movies with a plot but have erotic scenes but at the same time tasteful . american movies would not show explicit scenes on regular tv and foreign countries allow that. love prison woman type movies anytypes. so if anyone has suggestions would love to hear them
mfp1069

Return to Film Talk