Eclipse

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: Eclipse

Postby arsaib4 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:53 am

If I read it correctly, a "generic" DVD of White Dog is scheduled for 9/11. The Criterion version is reportedly in the works.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:35 am

That's good, at least then no one will have a decent excuse for not seeing it. A similar problem occurred during its initial release, the film wasn't put in theaters until five years after it was made, and then it was only shown in select theaters.
wpqx

Postby A » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:31 pm

I remember it being shown quite often on German TV. Unfortunately I didn't catch it when I still used to watch synchronizations.
A

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:29 am

Series 7: Postwar Kurosawa

I Live in Fear / The Idiot / No Regrets for Our Youth / One Wonderful Sunday / Scandal
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:22 am

Ironic seeing this batch after my Kurosawa marathon. Many of these films I had to suffer through horribly inaccurate subtitles and deteriorated picture quality.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:11 am

I did think of that, and, trust me, I do feel for ya. But what you've accomplished for the guests and members who haven't yet seen those films is quite invaluable, and I'm sure it's appreciated!
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:26 am

I still feel that The Idiot is deserving of the "Criterion Treatment" and would have liked to see that one given its due. The other films are largely dismissive curiosities.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:11 am

Series 8: Lubitsch Musicals

The Love Parade / Monte Carlo / One Hour with You / The Smiling Lieutenant

*Lubitsch thread
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:09 am

I have just shed a tear of joy. By far the best DVD release news I've heard in years.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:25 am

This will most certainly be part of my year-end's DVD list.

Besides The Love Parade, which you wrote about, what others have you seen?
arsaib4

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk