Recent DVD Purchases

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Recent DVD Purchases

Postby wpqx » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:47 pm

Had this before, so bringing it back.

Just this week I got the James Dean Collection.
wpqx

Re: Recent DVD Purchases

Postby Loaded Man » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:23 pm

I've recently picked up "The Sea Inside" and "A Very Long Engagement."
Loaded Man - Latin Music Enthusiast & DVD Collector

"Right Now I'm Having Amnesia And Deja Vu At The Same Time. I Think I've Forgotten This Before."
Loaded Man

Postby wpqx » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:55 am

Stripes

Get Shorty

Sling Blade

all of the above are the super deluxe etc, just re-releases basically, but never had any of them before, so these will do.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:25 pm

House of Bamboo

Nightmare Alley

got to love the Fox Film Noir collection
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:19 pm

Some new releases from New Yorker

Mandabi
Xala
L'Argent

all of which are extremely high moments for my collection. Damn glad to have these out, especially the Sembene films, which although special feature impaired, have never been available in this country, at a reasonable price anyways. The L'Argent DVD is loaded though, complete with audio commentary, Bresson interviews, and more. This looks like the same DVD release that came out earlier in Europe, and hopefully Pickpocket and The Trial of Joan of Arc, which were also released at the same time, will come out here. But Bresson is special, so I'll just rejoice at this for now, at least until Balthazar comes out later this month.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:56 pm

I also bought L'Argent. Great job by Kent Jones with the commentary, but I also urge everyone to get their hands on his book he's written on the film. Quality wise, Artificial-Eye (U.K.) disc is said to be better, but no commentary!
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:39 pm

Just got Au Hasard Balthazar in the mail. A little disappointed with the lack of special features, but the fact that the film is out is enough of a special event for me.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:56 am

Forty Guns
In Old Arizona
Life Aquatic
Little Dieter Needs to Fly
Mr. Death
My Brilliant Career
Tarnation
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:49 am

ABC Africa arrived today, my two Makhmalbaf films seem to have been delayed though. Doesn't really matter, got more than enough to keep me busy.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:00 pm

Maybe I should rename this topic, wpqx's DVD's.

Anyways Unfaithfully Yours and La Notti Blanche showed up today, one day early. Anyways look to get into those soon enough, I should be studying right now so maybe later tonight I'll get to viewing them.
wpqx

Next

Return to Film Talk