La Terra Trema

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

La Terra Trema

Postby jancso » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:31 am

One of the best neorealist films. I'm surprised it has so few votes since it just played on TCM. http://www.foreignfilms.com/films/5308.asp
jancso

Re: La Terra Trema

Postby patsfan86 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:44 am

Without question one of the best. True it has recently played on TCM, but let's keep our fingers crossed and hope even more people will get a chance to see it since it is being released on dvd on July 16.
patsfan86

Postby jancso » Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:42 am

I didn't know that, thanks for alerting me. I will definitely buy it. This is in somewhat of a three-way tie right now for my favorite Visconti film, along with Senso and The Leopard.
jancso

Postby patsfan86 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:36 am

I already have my copy reserved. I have not seen The Leopard but have Senso and Rocco and his Brothers on tape from TCM, just haven't watched them yet. Ossessione was good but La Terra Trema was excellent. I'm somewhat new to foreign cinema. I've been at it about three years now since I absolutely can't stand anything post-1965 Hollywood has had to offer. Are there any other Visconti films you can suggest?
patsfan86

Postby jancso » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:39 am

Visconti's final film, The Innocent, is quite interesting.

By the way, why are the posts out of order?
jancso

Postby patsfan86 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:09 am

Good question, Ihave no idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
patsfan86

Postby patsfan86 » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:02 am

Sad to report that for whatever reason the release date for La Terra Trema on DVD has been pushed back to August 20.
patsfan86

Postby kmcalma » Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:40 pm

I watched this film a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I think about it almost daily. It's a great film for many reasons and one that you wont be able to easily forget.
kmcalma

Postby patsfan86 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:33 am

It stayed with me for a good while after I saw it for the first time as well. The image of the female members of the family standing out on the rocks when the rest of the family had failed to make it back from the sea made an impression on me in particular. Great movie.
patsfan86

Return to Film Talk