US releases

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: US releases

Postby A » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:54 am

As I see it I'll probably have to purchase both releases if I want to buy the film on DVD. But as I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about it as every body else, I'm in no hurry
A

Postby wpqx » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:24 pm

I'm too broke to buy anything, but my brother picked Inland Empire up this week so I might casually borrow it in the near future, at least to check out the special features.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:46 am

I have it, but I need to find some time to watch it, and then perhaps write a little about it.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:37 am

I have a hard time writing about any of Lynch's films, not really sure why. I wanted to see Inland Empire again immediately after in the theater, but those seats are brutal for three hours.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:27 am

After viewing Celine and Julie recently and decently, I also feel like writing about Mulholland Drive, even though I know I'm not worthy in either case.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:46 am

I'm not sure what the problem is. It could be that so much is written on his films, and that the admirers of his films generally see his movies a dozen or so times so that my paltry acquaintance with the pictures won't reveal the right amount of details, or there's an intimidation with his work. This past year I saw Eraserhead and Blue Velvet again and found myself unable to write anything about either film, same goes for Inland Empire. The Siskel Center held a retro of Lynch films last month, but I didn't bother to go to any due to illness, poverty, and the availability of every film on DVD.
wpqx

Postby trevor826 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:26 pm

It's so good to know that even you two have the odd problem.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby A » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Yes. I guess we have them all
A

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:03 am

It's only natural for one to be a bit hesitant when dealing with works of art like Blue Velvet and Inland Empire.

In other related news, Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition is hitting the shelves on October 30. The 10-disc box set includes anything and everything for the fan of the cult series.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:02 am

Sounds like a plan I recently purchased a Japanese import of the pilot episode for my brother, but my procrastination shall be rewarded.
wpqx

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk