US releases

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: US releases

Postby wpqx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:47 am

From the people there apparently Our Hitler is one of their best sellers ever, so there might be some more Syberberg coming.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:05 am

Perfect stocking stuffers like that don't stay on the shelf for long, so I'm not surprised. More Syberberg is good news.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:10 am

On a similar note me and an employee there just laughed when I mentioned their DVD release of Satantango.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:03 am

Laughter is the best medicine when your proposed prints have been rejected by Tarr a few times. Looks like Facets' el-cheapo tactics aren't gonna come to fruition on this occasion.
arsaib4

Postby arsaib4 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:25 am

Gregg Araki's latest effort, Smiley Face, a stoner classic in the making, is now available on DVD (First Look Pictures). It's silly, but endearingly so. And Anna Faris is simply magnificent.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am

I've heard good things about it, and good or bad the Araki films I've seen have at least been interesting.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:02 am

True. Did you get a chance to watch it?

Kino's 4-disc German Expressionism Collection will hit the shelves on February 19.

The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari
Warning Shadows

+ two new titles

The Hands of Orlac
Secrets of a Soul
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:24 pm

I haven't seen Smiley Face yet. The Hands of Orlac has been on my "to look for" list for quite some time, I think it may have been released under a different title before. Secrets of a Soul is new to me, just so long as they're available seperately. Already own Caligari as part of another Kino expressionist set.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:50 am

March 5th

Georges Melies: First Wizard of Cinema

A five disc set of Melies films released by Flicker Alley. So for people like me waiting for a massive set of his work, this is it.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:20 am

Yep, Orlac and Soul will also be available separately.

And same applies to me regarding Méliès.
arsaib4

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk