DVD SALE!

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

DVD SALE!

Postby arsaib4 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:02 am

As I just mentioned in the "Classic Cinema" section, Bela Tarr's Werckmeister Harmonies/Damnation set is on sale at amazon.co.uk.

A few others:

Aoyama's Eureka

Tarkovsky's Stalker

Bresson's L'Argent

Ozu's The End of Summer

Godard's Weekend

Sokurov's Russian Ark

[Edit] Sale is now over!
arsaib4

Re: DVD SALE!

Postby A » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:51 pm

Thanks for the info!
I'll probably get Eureka if this last's long enough. Am totally broke at the moment. 40 Euros left in my pocket is everything I got at the moment
A

Postby arsaib4 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:25 am

Don't worry, that's about $12.024 more than what I have in mine.
arsaib4

Postby trevor826 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:41 am

Wait till you've got kids, my shopping bill literally eats up most of my money. Thanks for the sale info.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby trevor826 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:15 pm

Maybe only useful for UK members though there is an online site. HMV have a three for 20.00 sale on that includes most if not all the Pathe World cinema releases that came out late 2005, Kikujiro, Three Seasons, Le Diner de Cons, In All Innocence, Burnt by the Sun and many more. There are also other films such as Bombon El Perro so it's well worth taking a look.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby trevor826 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:31 pm

Re: HMV, they are having a very strange sale where prices seem to be constantly changing but for anyone in the UK it's definitely worth a look. e.g. Andrei Rublev, normal price around 25.00, I picked it up for 10.00, a few days later it was 15.00 and now it's 12.99. There's certainly a great deal of choice with very recent releases as well, 3-Iron 6.99 and Cafe Lumiere at 8.99 are just two examples.

Also an excellent anime sale as well, from films like Tokyo Godfathers, Akira and Perfect Blue amongst many others for 5.00 and all volumes of series like Ghost in the Shell [Stand Alone, Complex] for 5.00 per volume.

Worth checking out every few days because of the constant price changes.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby arsaib4 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:25 am

Bombon El Pero, which you mentioned earlier in this thread, is on sale at Bensons for 6.50 GBP.
arsaib4

Postby trevor826 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:25 pm

Thanks arsaib4, I checked it and apart from Bombon they also have the Pathe World cinema films for 6.50, far too many to mention but there are very good films including Kikujiro, Burnt by the Sun. Damn good deal despite the lack of extras on most of the discs.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby trevor826 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:39 am

Huge clear out sale in Virgin, basically everything that hasn't been on special offer or sale price for at least 6 months has been banged down to 3.99 GBP.

Offer includes most of Artificial Eye's range and quite a few Optimum and Tartan titles.

A few examples -

Eureka, The Son (2 disc, normally 22.99 GBP), Le Chignon D'Olga, Time Out, Va Savoir, Platform, Warm Water Under a Red Bridge, Vendredi Soir and far too many others to list.

All these and more fore only 3.99 GBP, stunning bargains but it is a clear out sale so once they.ve sold their stock, that's it. You need to get in fast.

Cheers Trev.
trevor826

Postby A » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:25 pm

You don't suppose this could be "buyable" online from a foreign country?
Wow, really great titles for sale...
A

Next

Return to Film Talk