New Yorker Films

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: New Yorker Films

Postby arsaib4 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:12 pm

You're right, the print of Out One: Spectre, at least the one which played in NYC, was reported as damaged. As for the London screening of Out 1: Noli Me Tangere, I heard that it went fine. The film was scheduled over a couple of days (obviously!), and so ended up being a quite a unique experience for the viewers. It's certainly difficult to make an immediate judgement on a such a vast and expansive piece of work.

I believe the correct year for Merry-Go-Round is 1978, though it's often listed under either '81 or '83.
arsaib4

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:46 am

New Yorker will release Theo Angelopoulos' The Weeping Meadow on DVD on Dec 12th.
arsaib4

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:09 am

The 2 Rivette films recently issued by the British Film Institute are scheduled to be among the New Yorker releases early next year.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:40 pm

I remember Celine and Julie Go boating being one of them, what was the other?
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:29 pm

Paris nous appartient.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:31 pm

Boo

I was hoping it was one of his films that was never available here, or at the very least one that was better, never much of a fan of Paris Nous Appartient.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:24 am

Was Paris ever available here on vhs? If it was, it's been long OOP!
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:43 am

Its been available here for awhile, on VHS at least. I've seen two different releases of it, and if I'm not mistaken either Home Vision or Connoseiur put it out originally. The copy I had was abominable however, so a restoration isn't entirely a bad thing. However my complaint was that there are a great deal of Rivette films completely unavailable here in any form, and it would have been a much more welcome release. No complaints however for Celine and Julie because that's certainly one of my all time favorite French films.
wpqx

Postby wpqx » Wed May 30, 2007 12:11 am

Next month New Yorker is scheduled to release Straub and Hulliet's Moses and Aaron and one of my personal favorites Alea's The Last Supper.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Thu May 31, 2007 4:42 am

I've seen Moses and Aaron, but only on vhs. And I think I've also professed my love for Mr. Alea before. Needless to say, great news on both fronts!
arsaib4

PreviousNext

Return to Film Talk