George Lucas

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

George Lucas

Postby the_herky_jerky_dancer » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:07 pm

George Lucas would happily burn copies of The Hunger, paint over Van Goghs, crack the Pieta in half… anything, as long as he made money… comments?
the_herky_jerky_dancer

Re: George Lucas

Postby Loser Talent » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:30 pm

Yes he would. He represents everything that's wrong with movies today and in the last 25 years.
Loser Talent

Postby Bacchus33 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:01 pm

I don't know off him but he has such a dreadful name I doubt that he could make anything good.
Bacchus33

Postby thegreatken1 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:33 pm

The Force is no longer with George Lucas. I agree that he ruins art. Good thing the Italian government wouldn't let him lay his hands on a pietá.
thegreatken1

Postby tyndale » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:06 pm

Lucas is one of the directors I love to hate (along with Spielberg, Bay, and a few others) because, among many other reasons, his films are sterile and because he really makes fantasy films for children, when you think about it.
tyndale

Postby daneel332 » Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:37 pm

What about Brannon Braga and Rick Berman? "Raise ratings by making Enterprise sexier" indeed! Never mind raising ratings by improving story quality, that would take too much work. These two richly deserve to be included with Lucas.
daneel332

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:29 am

Lucas isn't really a filmmaker anyway. He's more like the greatest producer working today. The recent "Star Wars" films aren't directed by anyone at all, but the productions are incredible. He's like Cecil B. Demille before him, a director who's films are not well directed but are well produced. At least Spielberg (the other man responsible for cash cow movies) is a TRUE filmmaker.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:32 am

To Tyndale: "fantasy films for children"...sure, some of them, but perhaps you haven't heard of "Minority Report" the best Hollywood studio film of 2002 and a masterpiece. Most complex and riveting experience I haven't had since Kubrick.
bigpoppa_2059

Postby bigpoppa_2059 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:32 am

meant to say "had since Kubrick".
bigpoppa_2059

Postby gratefultiger » Fri Jan 10, 2003 4:35 am

i bet lucas &speilberg are "filthy" on sokurov upstaging them with the superb "RUSSIAN ARK" 96 minutes shot in one take!
gratefultiger

Next

Return to Film Talk