George Lucas

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Re: George Lucas

Postby kace_5224 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:11 pm

Kubrick..now THERES a great director.ive seen clockwork orange 5 times.
kace_5224

Postby Mr. West » Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:30 am

I think Spielberg is MUCH more of a pansy than Lucas. Lucas mostly confines himself to his Star Wars creations, but Spielberg's films permeate our culture and completely fool the movie-going public with all their crap.
Mr. West

Postby Gaz » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:57 pm

Pansy?
Gaz

Postby Mr. West » Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:35 pm

By that I just meant that he's a wuss filmaker who's willing to churn out exactly what the mass public wants to see.

I didn't mean "pansy" in an anti-gay way or anything. That's funny.
Mr. West

Postby Gaz » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:16 pm

Don't worry, no offence taken - I just didn't understand the context. Not sure whether I agree or not though...
Gaz

Postby tyndale » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:20 am

I wasn't referring to Spielberg when I used the phrase "fantasy films for children"; I was speaking of Lucas. I think that many of Spielberg's films are for children, even though he didn't intend it. I actually did not like "Minority Report" at all; aside from some skilful sequences, there was much I didn't like, from the plot resolution to the cinematopgrahy (I am not crazy, to say the very least, about the hues he chooses for many of his films). Of course, you have every reason to like it, as do critics, given that you interpret it differently than I do and that it is well done in a number of respects.

However, even with "Minority Report" under his belt, my opinion of Spielberg isn't very high. To each his own, I say.
tyndale

Previous

Return to Film Talk