Chris Marker DVD's

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Chris Marker DVD's

Postby wpqx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 am

Saw a news release about some potential new Marker titles on DVD and came across this "store"

http://store.wexnercenterstore.com/chrismarkerstore1.html
wpqx

Re: Chris Marker DVD's

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:33 am

Saw that a few days ago at MoC. I'm interested in the two shorts that are packaged together, but not in the $24.98! (Though that's certainly preferable than renting the DVD for $100 from First Run/Icarus.)
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:30 am

Odd Obsession has most if not all of the DVD's so $3 is a lot more reasonable.
wpqx

Postby arsaib4 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Too bad the website hasn't made any progress over the last couple of years. And I've become leery of DVD-Rs, which I'm afraid is what the Wexner Center's site is selling.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:45 am

If you know who you're buying from they're usually willing to send a fresh copy if there's a problem, such was the case with the first disc of Satantango amongst many others.
wpqx

Postby A » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Also read about these good news recently. Though the quality could be a problem, more Marker available is always a good thing.
If you check some of those out, I'd nevertheless like to hear about the quality of the releases.
A

Postby arsaib4 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:32 am

One of the sets was just reviewed in The New York Times, so it's safe to say these are proper DVDs. That, combined with its affordablity, now makes The Case of the Grinning Cat eligible for my '08 lists.
arsaib4

Postby wpqx » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:01 am

Still yet to see that, but hopefully will get around to it within a year.
wpqx

Return to Film Talk