Looking for films

This is the place to talk about films from around the world.

Looking for films

Postby kev_is_soaked » Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:23 pm

When I was living in Scotland a couple of years ago I saw a couple of good foreign movies on the UK's Channel 5... famous for it's wierd content.

Anyways I cant remember either title, or character names or anything, just a brief description of each.

1) Young lady falls asleep on a bus going home and end up at the end of the line after midnight. She finds a rave and new friends... though reluctantly. She goes back a few times. Cant remember what happened at the end I think she or her newly found boyfriend died. Movie is full of drugs

Movie 2)
Young kid growing up in wierd setting... a halfway house, or a hotel of some sort... run down of course. I cant remember much about it exept that one of the men visiting the hotel may be a killer or something, plus there are people who live in the sewers and wear wierd gear. Also note that I think this movie may be the one where the kid "plays" with a piece of liver or other type of meat.

If anyone knows what these movies are called I'd be muchly appreciative :)

Thanks in advance
Kev
kev_is_soaked

Re: Looking for films

Postby Gaz » Fri Sep 27, 2002 7:52 pm

Can't really help you, except to say that from your description, the second film is not Leolo (the one with the meat incident).
Gaz

Postby jdcopp » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:25 pm

Film number two might be "Delicatessan "
jdcopp

Postby jdcopp » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:25 pm

Film number two might be "Delicatessan "
jdcopp

Postby thegreatken1 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:53 am

I heard a lot about Channel 5. It's a cross-breed of late-night Showtime, TNN, and some Fox shock-TV programs. The first movie you mentioned sounds so British. It sounds like an Irvine Welsh novel.
thegreatken1

Postby Gaz » Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:37 pm

Come to think of it, having lived in the UK since Channel 5 started, I can only recall it showing one foreign film: Fellini's 8.5 (and that was dubbed) - could it have been another channel at all?
Gaz

Postby ygie » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:04 pm

Film #2 "The City of Lost Children"?????
ygie

Return to Film Talk